- Job Type
- Full Time
TG Minto Corporation is a world-class plastic injection moulding company, building a strong team of professionals. As a growing, fast-paced, tier one automotive supplier for Toyota with a vision to consistently exceed customer standards.
Production Supervisor – Afternoon Shift
The supervisor is accountable for the performance and results of the assigned Production Department as well as being responsible for the direct supervision and training of production team members and leaders. As a Supervisor, you are the direct link between upper management and the team members.
Your focus will be on safety, quality, efficiency and employee relations. You will build strong and productive working relationships with other internal departments and management. As a Supervisor at TG MINTO CORPORATION, you are expected to carry out your assigned responsibilities in a professional manner while upholding TG Minto’s vision of treating everyone with honesty, dignity, integrity and respect.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Directs the activities of the assigned Production Department. Operates from a wide scope of responsibility to maintain production schedules and to ensure safety and quality standards are adhered to by the group. These responsibilities are designed to ensure that a high level of production is maintained in a SAFE and economical way.
- Your key responsibilities will be:
- Plans and assigns work and train employees.
- Monitor, evaluate and manage employees’ performance
- Administers company policies for department.
- Directs Leader Technicians within the team, and works closely with the Leader Technicians to monitor, maintain FTM production.
- Ensure the productivity requirements are met by team members and that standardized work procedures are being followed.
- Assesses and troubleshoots machine problems.
- Determine the operating condition of all equipment found in your work area over which you have direct control.
- Reporting the condition of this equipment during each shift to maintenance or operations and the care of any equipment assigned to you or your department.
- Ensuring the proper operation of all equipment, in order to reduce the possibility of environmental or production upsets, and the correction of any such upsets in a timely manner.
- Ensuring that all pertinent documentation is completed accurately and on time.
- Perform routine inspections and assessments of any equipment assigned to your department.
- Communicates with all levels of management, including Japanese staff.
- Presents materials/information to groups.
- Conducts root cause analysis of customer problems and defect reduction.
- Documents departmental productivity and defects, and takes corrective action when needed.
- Motivates employees and assists in the resolution of conflict
- Aids in continuous improvement process.
- Reviews trials process of new parts, and assists Pre-production Department in the scheduling of the trials.
- Assists manager/team lead as necessary to accomplish all goals and missions of the department.
- Coaches and counsels team members on various aspects of their duties.
- Administer corrective actions (discipline) for employees as appropriate.
- You will be held accountable for the carrying out of your individual responsibilities.
- Work in a safe manner and maintain 5S.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2+ years of experience supervising in a high volume, just-in-time manufacturing environment.
- Experience with the Toyota Production System is an asset
- High school or equivalent education
How To Apply
In person: 300 Toronto Street, Palmerston ON
Fax: 519 343 3200