- Job Type
- Full Time
Shift: Afternoons 4:30pm - 1:00am
TG Minto is a tier-1 automotive manufacturing organization with plants located in Palmerston and Stratford, Ontario. We manufacture a wide range of high-quality interior and exterior components including grills, spoilers, consoles, and more for customers that include Toyota, Lexus and Honda.
Working in a fast-paced production environment, the PC-FTM is responsible for accurately pulling customer orders in preparation for timely shipment. Additionally, this role is responsible for collecting and returning packaging to shop-floor production cells while adhering to company standards for performance and conduct.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- According to paperwork, accurately pick orders to prepare for shipment to customer
- Pick, sort, and return packaging to appropriate production cells
- Operate machinery such as, but not limited to tuggers, forklifts, and wrapping machines in a safe manner
- Perform inventory counts twice a year
- Transport production materials to work stations and storage area
- Sort and palletize product by order number
- Manifest pallets by customer, dock, and order number
- Schedule Kanban production (Heijunka; train that travels around the plant to transport parts, Kanban, and returnables)
- Sort returnables into proper returnable lanes; coordinated by numbers
- Keep production lines supplied with empty containers and packaging material as necessay
- Perform general housekeeping duties in the warehouse and production areas
- Completion of high school education (diploma or GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English to effectively communicate with team members
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percentages as well as draw and interpret bar graphs
- Ability to effectively carry out detailed written and/or oral instructions
- Ability to apply problem-solving skills to a variety of situations
- Ability to regularly stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands to arms
- Ability to frequently stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Ability to occasionally climb or balance while talking or listening for instructions
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
How To Apply
Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume.