- Positions Available
- Job Type
- Full Time
Shift: Days 8:00am-5:00pm
TG Minto is a tier-1 automotive manufacturing organization with plants located in Palmerston and Stratford, Ontario. We manufacture a wide range of high-quality interior and exterior components including grills, spoilers, consoles, and more for customers that include Toyota, Lexus, and Honda.
The Manager of Human Resources is responsible for managing, leading and developing subordinate team members and overall human resources strategy and function, in support of maintaining and improving safe and productive manufacturing operations for (TG) Minto Corporation’s at both Palmerston and Stratford locations. Position is based out of the Palmerston facility with occasional travel to the Stratford facility required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage strategy, provide leadership/direction, and oversee operations for the Human Resources, Management Information Systems, and Health & Safety departments.
- Clearly define staff and management level objectives to support department goals.
- Oversee Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) regarding attrition, absenteeism, dress code & temporary employee ratios.
- Evaluate staff and management progress and performance in accomplishing individual and department objectives.
- Oversee the development, management, utilization and adherence to plant policies and procedures.
- Ensure staff and management maintain professionalism and TG Minto vision when resolving issues and conflict resolution.
- Oversee and ensure compliance in plant level recruitment, hiring, disciplinary action, benefits, WSIB, & legal issues.
- Ensure communication and intercompany partnership as required to meet the needs of the company.
- Support and promote employee activities, ensuring positive morale.
- Provide plant leadership for safety; including overseeing the safety committee and Health & Safety program.
- Manage contracts, negotiations, legal, ethics, and compliance for all external contracts.
- Drive optimization by being actively engaged in continuous improvement efforts.
- Function in a highly collaborative environment where flexibility and teamwork is critical to success.
- Minimum of three years of management experience is required.
- Minimum of seven years of related human resource experience is required.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment is required.
- Bachelor degree in Human Resources or related field is required.
- Working knowledge of legal requirements, employment law, and contract administration is required.
- Familiarity with Japanese/Canadian business model is preferred.
- Experience managing budget, and a strong working understanding of financial operations within manufacturing (including P&L, balance sheet, and cash flow) is required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word & PowerPoint.
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines is required.
- Effective verbal, non-verbal, negotiation and written communication skills are required.
- Ability to sustain a high degree of professionalism in interacting with internal and external customers is required.
- Effective attention to detail, problem solving, analytical and organizational skills is required.
How To Apply
Please apply to email@example.com with your resume.