- Positions Available
- Job Type
- Full Time
Shift: Afternoons 2:15pm-10:45pm
TG Minto is a tier-1 automotive manufacturing organization with plants located in Palmerston and Stratford, Ontario. We manufacture a wide range of high-quality interior and exterior components including grills, spoilers, consoles, and more for customers that include Toyota, Lexus, and Honda.
The supervisor is accountable for the performance and results of the Injection Department as well as being responsible for the direct supervision and training of Leader Technicians and Factory Team Members. As a Supervisor, you are the direct link between upper management and the team members.
Your focus will be on quality and efficiency and you will ensure that all Team Members work within Health and Safety guidelines. Build strong and productive working relationships with other internal departments and management. As a Supervisor at TG MINTO CORPORATION, you are to carry out your assigned responsibilities in a professional manner while upholding TG Minto’s vision of treating everyone with honesty, dignity, integrity and respect.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure the safe work environment for all team members and maintain 5S’s (Sort, shine, sustain, standardize, and set in order) and health and safety standards.
- Plan and assign work to employees daily
- Train leader technicians and factory team members as necessary
- Administer company policies for the department
- Monitor, manage and evaluate factory team members’ performance daily
- Direct leader technicians within the team, and work closely to monitor and maintain factory team member productions
- Ensure the productivity requirements are met by all team members and that standardized work procedures are being followed
- Assess and troubleshoot machine problems
- Determine the operating condition of all equipment found in your work area over which you have direct control. Report the conditions of this equipment during each shift to maintenance or operations and the care of any equipment assigned to you and your department
- Ensure the proper operation of all equipment, to reduce the possibility of environmental or production upsets, and the correction of any upsets in a timely manner
- Ensure that all pertinent documentation is completed accurately and on time.
- Communicate with all levels of management, including Japanese staff
- Present materials and information to groups on a daily basis
- Conduct root cause analysis of customer problems and defect reduction
- Document departmental productivity and defects, taking corrective action when needed.
- Motivate team members and assist in the resolution of any conflict that may arise
- Review trial process of new parts, and assist preproduction department in the scheduling of trials
- Assist manager/team leaders as necessary to accomplish all goals and missions of the department
- Coach and counsel team members on various aspects of their duties
- Two year college or technical school diploma; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Past leadership and injection experience is considered an asset
How To Apply
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume.